It’s official: Australia-based PointsBet is live with sports betting in Colorado. Hot on the heels of a few EGR North America Awards, the company has made its long-anticipated debut in The Centennial State.
PointsBet In Colorado
PointsBet may have just launched in Colorado, but the company has been putting roots down in the states for some time. PointsBet’s US headquarters is in Denver, and the operator has some high-profile Colorado deals in place, such as its agreements with Kroenke Sports and the University of Colorado. Colorado’s sports betting market has been remarkably successful since its May launch, so this is undoubtedly a key strategic launch for PointsBet.
PointsBet becomes Colorado’s 16th online sportsbook. Colorado is the fourth state where PointsBet has launched, following a successful Illinois go-live in September. the company is making moves in the US, positioning itself to compete with some of the country’s biggest operators such as FanDuel, BetMGM, and DraftKings.
PointsBet Colorado Bonus Offers
If you’re a new bettor, PointsBet gives you an excellent welcome bonus. New players get up to $1,000 in risk-free bets. The first $500 can be applied to a standard bet, and the second $500 can be used for a PointsBetting wager. PointsBetting is a bet type exclusive to PointsBet, where you win more money if your margin of victory is high, but you lose more if your bet loses by a certain margin.
On top of that, PointsBet has an impressive slate of rotating promotions. The sportsbook is known for offering market-specific specials, so Colorodoans will likely be treated to promos on Avalanche, Nuggets, Rockies, and Broncos games. Keep an eye out for these specials as you place your bets.
How To Sign Up And Bet
Colorado bettors will no doubt be familiar with the sign-up process at most sportsbooks. But if you’re new or need a refresher, here’s how to get started.
- Choose your platform. PointsBet has a desktop sportsbook plus an iOS and Android app.
- If you’re planning to use an Android, you can’t get the app from the Google Play Store. Instead, head to PointsBet’s website from your mobile browser and download the app directly from there.
- Once you’ve got the app (or have the website loaded on your desktop, create your account. You’ll need:
- Password (you’ll create one)
- Date of birth
- Last 4 of SSN (to confirm your identity)
- Next, you can deposit money into your account. You can use any of the following methods:
- Online Banking
- Peruse the available wagers and odds, then place your bet.