Century Casino & Hotel at Central City

The Century Casino & Hotel at Central City was opened in 2006, on the site of the old Tollgate Casino. The property, half of which was newly built, is one of the largest casinos in Central City.

The casino and hotel has a vast range of slot and table games, a 26-room hotel, two restaurants, bars and a large self-parking complex.

Year opened2006
Phone number303-582-5050
Address102 Main St., Central City, Colo. 80427
Number of slots500
Number of table games6
Hotel?Yes
Minimum age to gamble21

Century Casino Sportsbook & Online Sports Betting

Century Casinos Inc. partnered with Circa Sports Colorado LLC in February 2020, to become an internet sports betting operator in Colorado. Their online sportsbook app is likely to launch in May 2020, when the state will formally allow such services to operate legally.

In mid-May 2020, Century Casinos announced a second online sportsbook partnership, this time with bet365.

Colorado voters approved legislation allowing sports and online betting in November 2019.

Casino & Hotel History

The Century Casino & Hotel at Central City was opened in 2006, as a joint venture between Century Casinos Inc. and Tollgate Venture LLC. Half of the property was built from scratch, whereas the other half occupies the building formerly known as The Tollgate Casino.

The project resulted in one of the largest casinos in Central City. It added a hotel with 26 boutique-style rooms, covered parking with a 500-car capacity, a sky bridge and a complete makeover of the gaming floor.

Initially owning a 65% stake in the property, Century Casinos Inc. acquired the remaining 35% interest from Tollgate Venture LLC in December 2007, for around $3.3 million.

According to Century Casinos Inc., the property has been voted Denver’s Best Casino since 2012 in the Cityvoter.com annual A-List Competition.

Gaming facilities in the casino include a range of 500 slot and video poker games, as well as several popular table games including Blackjack, roulette and craps. 

There are two restaurant options available on-site, which are some of the only casino restaurants in the area to welcome kids and families.

  • Mid City Grill: Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Features a soup and salad buffet section, daily deals and a prime-rib special 
  • Retro Deli and Tavern: Quick bites, with options including fresh oven-baked pizzas and a noodle bar. Also serves coffee and ice cream, open late daily.

Century Casino Player’s Club 

The Century Casino & Hotel at Central City has a rewards program called the Century Casino Player’s Club. Gamers can sign up to the club for free, gaining access to a variety of rewards such as:

  • Food and restaurant rewards
  • Point multipliers
  • Free play 
  • Mail offers
  • Prize drawings including cash, free play and more.

Players who hit a certain point threshold within a six-month period will be eligible for membership into the Platinum Club, with further VIP benefits. All of the latest promotions at the casino can be found on their official website.

Does The Century Casino Hotel at Central City offer sports betting?

The Century Casino Hotel at Central City is expected to offer sports and online betting as of May 1.

Is The Century Casino Hotel at Central City open 24 hours?

Yes, The Century Casino Hotel at Central City is open 24 hours, 7 days a week.

What are the restaurants at The Century Casino Hotel at Central City?

The Century Casino Hotel at Central City has one restaurant and one deli: The Mid City Grill, and The Retro Deli and Tavern. Both of these are family-friendly options.

Does The Century Casino Hotel at Central City have a hotel attached?

Yes, The Century Casino Hotel at Central City has a hotel attached, featuring 26 boutique-style rooms and suites.

How far is The Century Casino Hotel at Central City from Denver City?

The Century Casino Hotel at Central City is 37.8 miles away from Denver, which is about a 50-minute drive.

About the Author